At Berewood Primary School we have established a curriculum which meets the needs and engages the interest of our new, growing community and the children who join our school. Together with the University of Chichester Academy Trust, we see education “as a journey of discovery to fire the imagination, to establish a sense of self, to build good learning attitudes and to gain the confidence to take full part in the wider world.”
Through our curriculum we aim to:
* enable children to become confident, co-operative and independent learners who are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives;
* develop children’s thirst for learning, broadening their knowledge and understanding of the world;
* enable children to become successful learners who enjoy learning, make progress and achieve personal success;
* foster a sense of identity within the school and the wider community, helping children feel a valued part of it;
* enable the children to become responsible citizens who are tolerant and respectful of others’ values and make a positive contribution to society;
* provide a safe, secure and supportive environment that promotes self-esteem and self-confidence;
* develop children who are articulate communicators and good listeners; preparing them very well for the next steps in their education;
* encourage perseverance and a willingness to take risks and ‘have a go’.
At our school we follow the National Curriculum and use highly effective schemes to support learning in key areas.
If you require more information about our curriculum, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org